Monday, March 29, 2010

You Ain't Gotta Lie Craig...

Why do folks lie? They lie to themselves and they lie to others, but I wanna know, why lie? Why do folks make New Year's Resolution year after year after year only to give up by February? Considering I am but an invisible pixel typing a blog and considering your personal trainer or motivator cannot go home with you every weekend and babysit, the only real person that you have to be accountable to is YOU. And folks cannot even be honest with that one person.

Let me just tell you, I am a terrible liar. If I slip and go get some fast food or some chocolate, I will tell on myself before anyone even asks me about it. And trust me, I am far from perfect. Actually, in full disclosure I must admit I ate two home-made cinnamon buns this weekend at this bed and breakfast where we were staying...and yes I said TWO! I could not help myself. And for the first time in years, I had some KFC...we were hanging with family out of town and I was very lax with my diet. But since I am honest with myself, I know that I fell off, and I gotta get back on. That is the awesome part. Everybody falls down. The difference between successful folks and failures is that successful people will acknowledge their short-comings and fix them. People who continually fail to hit their goals don't even reflect on where they went wrong, so they NEVER self-correct. They just think that are doomed to be that size (whatever that size is), they feel that they are gonna be just like everybody else in their family, they think that diets just don't work. NO! It ain't the diet...It ain't the genes...It is you!

It is challenging to lie to yourself. But many people do it constantly. They do it by rationalizing the problem. Blaming someone or something else. Or just throwing their hands up and saying EFF it. If you really, REALLY want to change, you gotta start with yourself. Be honest and set realistic goals. The key really is to have realistic goals. You did not put that weight on in one month so why you think it is gonna melt off in one month? It is a journey, and the journey is full of twists, turns, forks in the road, and cinnamon buns. The journey is not a straight line so just get that through your head from the onset. You will get to the Land of Healthy Living like the other healthy folks, we just all have our own maps and compasses :)

LaQuesha

No comments:

Post a Comment