Monday, March 15, 2010

My 700 Calorie Burn Day...

Now that I have my Bodybugg, I can track which workouts are most effective. I have found that running completely blasts calories to oblivion. Yesterday my workout partner, (Jaiz the boyfriend) and I did a cardio day of running. In 40 minutes I burned 450 calories. Clearly I wasn't being all cutesy and walking, while holding on to the handles. We were actually jogging for a while, then running, then all out sprinting for a little while...so this workout was quick and intense. When I figured out how many calories I could burn by running, I decided that that would be my cardio from here on out.

My daily workouts usually consist of weight training, 30 minutes of cardio, abs, and stretching. I am able to get all of this in in just about 2 hours. When I say that we are very structured with our workouts, I mean VERY structured.

Mondays are chest day.
Tuesdays are back day.
Wednesdays are shoulders and calf day.
Thursdays are biceps and triceps.
Fridays are leg day.

So you see, we have a plan. There is never any just walking into the gym all willy nilly and trying to figure it out on the fly.

Anyways...onto today's workout. I killed it today for real. (Giving myself a pat on the back.) Last week we changed the workout up just a little. We are now doing 21 sets of 5 reps on different weight training exercises...and yes, I just said 21 sets. I am not sure if we are crazy or not, but so far I am still alive and kicking :) I did 3 different workouts today of 21 sets. Now I am not using really heavy weight. I am using weights that are heavy enough that by the half way point I am getting fatigued, but can make it through. If I am not tired halfway through, then my weight must not have been heavy enough. The important thing is to know your body and actually try and push yourself. Until you are truly pushing yourself, you will never know what you are capable of.

I also managed to get in 2.75 miles today on the treadmill in 31 minutes. I am aiming for 3 miles a day, but time kinda got away from me today...We will see if I hit my goal later on this week. Stay tuned...

LaQuesha

2 comments:

  1. it is a calorie management tool...check it out here: http://www.24hourfitness.com/training/bodybugg/

    it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete