Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why I do what I do...

I never set out to be a motivational speaker or a cheerleader for health and exercise. It just kinda happened one day. You know how when you are happy, you want everybody to be happy...or when you find the perfect man/woman, you want all your friends to have the same thing...well I guess that is how I developed my passion for health.

Being healthy is an absolutely conscious decision. Many people want to talk about all the reasons why their health is where it is. I want to challenge you to figure out why you want to be/stay healthy.

Excuses for ill-health:
  1. I don't have enough time.
  2. Healthy food is too expensive.
  3. My kids drain my energy...keep me up too late...have too many activities.
  4. All of my family is big.
  5. I have bad knees/thyroid problems/"the pressha."

Reasons to be healthy:

  1. I want more time with my family.
  2. Buying medications and bigger clothes all the time is too expensive.
  3. I want more energy to play and keep up with my kids as they grow.
  4. I want to help my family change.
  5. If I lose this weight maybe my knee pain/thyroid problem/"pressha" would subside.

Make your decision. Either you are gonna make excuses or find reasons. Regardless, it is your choice. No amount of talking from me, your doctor, your kids will ever help until you make the decision to act. And it is such a shame that it will probably take some life threatening incident to make most folks change their habits...but maybe, just maybe, someone will read this and prevent those issues.

LaQuesha

No comments:

Post a Comment