Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Journey

I did not just wake up one day and decide that I was going to be a health freak. I also did not have health fanatics for role models that taught me what I now know from an early age. Everything that I know now came through trial and error, research, and asking questions. It is not reasonable for someone reading my journey to up and think that they can accomplish what I have overnight. It would probably drive you crazy. But small steps, if you are serious, will get you to your destination.

I have been a regular in the gym since my college years, so it was never a big deal for me to get in the gym. Where I actually needed the help was having a goal and changing up my eating habits. My boyfriend told me that not having a goal was like sailing with no compass or map. That really stuck with me and now I set goals and actually track my progress.

(For full disclosure, I am gonna do what many women would NEVER do. I am going to share my weight progress. Maybe showing exactly what I do and my exact results will help someone else.)

As of December 1, 2008, I weighed 172 lbs and I am 5'1. And I just weighed myself this morning and I weighed 157...I am honestly very excited because I had been hovering around 160 lbs for months now and I finally busted through that. (I don't want to get too excited though, I could very well be tricking myself since I haven't eaten today...but we will see.) Each week I will weigh in and post my results on Wednesday. Tracking your results is of ultimate importance when trying to hit a goal. It has been very helpful for me.

Anyways, feel free to follow my journey...post your thoughts, feelings, or questions...or just take a few tidbits here and there.

LaQuesha


2 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you made this blog. I've been thinking about making a workout blog but I was unsure if I should because I didn't know if others would want to read and discuss things. Thanks to you, I just reactivated my blogspot and I'm about to post! :D

    I love that you posted your weight, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady! I am sooooo happy for you and your progress! I have watched your progress firsthand and it is amazing to see you reaping the fruit of your hard work and labor. Keep it up girl, you will go very far!

    ReplyDelete