Friday, January 7, 2011

...and hunger strikes

Today is Friday, the 5th day of my diet and this is the first time that I got hungry...ridiculously, can't do too much moving right now, hungry. I kinda thought that I would have cravings or get hungry being on a diet, but I haven't before now. Today was different and I figured out why. The other nights (M-W) before I went to bed, I would have a can of tuna...(great snack, I know.) But yesterday I was too tired to be hungry, so I just went to bed. When I woke up this morning, I was lethargic and had no motivation to do more than 25 minutes of cardio. At first I just thought I didn't get enough sleep, so I grabbed a black cup of coffee (no sugar, no cream...gross.) I got a momentary pep. Then 10:30 am came, and it was time for some protein, and I was still hungry with no energy. (Typically getting some calories in me perks me up.)

And after great deliberation, and talking to former competition dieter, we figured out why I had no energy...that forgotten tuna! It is amazing how your body works, and mine works like clockwork. I changed something up in my schedule, and my body reacted likewise. It didn't want to cooperate with me today, because I changed the routine. I went home and ate my last night's tuna and learned that I have to stay on my eating schedule. I don't like not having energy...actually I kinda felt like crying (but I didn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment