Friday, May 7, 2010

Crazy in love...and losing weight







My boyfriend has a saying regarding relationships that is very profound, he says that one person in the relationship can't be a crackhead while the other one goes to church. Basically, both people in the relationship have to be on the same page. This is the exact same philosophy that we bring to our health...we are both very health conscious. I don't think it would work if I were sitting around eating cake all the time, while he spends 2 hours a day, 6 days a week in the gym. One of us would end up sabotaging the other. He would nag me to put down the cake. I would want him to quit spending so much time away. Two opposite agendas won't work.

Thank goodness me and my guy are both passionate about our health and taking care of ourselves. When we started dating a year and a half ago, I was 172 lbs. I was a regular in the gym before I met him, but I didn't push myself and I didn't have a very clean diet. As of right now, I weigh 154 lbs. I have lost almost 20 pounds since dating my man. Who can say that? I mean, don't folks usually gain weight when they start dating someone? You nab that person, you start eating out more. You start cuddling and sleeping in instead of going out. You honestly just get comfortable and don't try as hard to impress folks because you snagged somebody. I know this happens because I have seen it in others and I have seen it first hand in my life.

The healthiest thing you can do is bring your significant other along with you on your healthy lifestyle. There are a couple other couples at our gym and it is the awesome-est sight. You see these other people wanting to keep their sweeties healthy. And there are only upsides to having a healthy lifestyle. You get to watch your guy/girl sweating it out at the gym. Your boo will keep that body tight and sexy. You will (hopefully) have a longer time with this person because y'all are staying healthier together. So love your significant other enough to stay healthy for them...and hopefully they are doing the same for you. That is waaayyyy better than any other present they could give.

LaQuesha

(I have included some before and after pics...one is from November 2008, the other is from may 2010.)

No comments:

Post a Comment