Friday, April 23, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday (even though I am quite aware that it is Friday)

Ok so sue me, I am waaayyyy late with my weigh in results. I did weigh in on Wednesday, I just didn't take the time to write it up. It would have been a quick write up though because I did not have any movement on the scale. I still weigh 155 lbs. I am ok with no weight loss, because hey, I didn't gain any weight. My goals are to lose the weight and keep it off. I am not trying to lose weight ridiculously fast and just gain it back. (Cause I have already gotten rid of all of my size 12 clothes, so buying more is out of the question!)

One thing I learned about myself over the last couple of weeks is that the mental aspect of working out is so powerful. And your physical well-being can likewise affect your mental. Our bodies can be so sensitive. I was pushing and pushing and pushing to the point that my body kinda rebelled against me. That could be the reason I didn't lose anything this week. Supposedly stress is the enemy of weight loss. So keep your head together and get rid of those things that are not keeping you happy and healthy. (That could also be your own way of thinking.)

After I came to the conclusion that running 6 days a week was probably a bit too much, I became so much more relaxed. I also decided to focus on "time ran" instead of how fast I finished 4 miles (or whatever my goal mileage of the day was.) I jogged today at an easy pace. I was relaxed and comfortable and still finished more than 4 miles in 45 minutes. Just changing your mind set just a little bit can have huge benefits. Try it. Try psyching yourself out by just changing something small. You would be surprised how much it can help. Good luck peeps. Hope you are well on your way to your goals also.

LaQuesha

No comments:

Post a Comment