Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ima tell the truth...

Ima tell the truth, my ass is exhausted. Monday and Tuesday's workouts were brutal for me to get through, I did it, but I was so dragging. For the last couple of weeks, I have been running 4 miles a day, 6 days a week. Now a little background, I just started running about a month and a half ago. I used to dislike running and I also didn't think I could run...but I guess I was wrong.

I was super duper excited when I finally busted through my plateau. I could not get under 159 lbs for anything. I was working out 5 days a week. I was eating fairly well. I was doing everything I thought I should be doing, but not seeing the results. Well once I started running, I started seeing results. Man, I was excited and motivated. I was going keep a-running and a-running like I was Forest Gump. Results can be addicting. Well, that excitement has waned some. I actually started feeling it last week. I know now that I have not be giving myself enough recovery time. I can tellya, if you are tired, you will give a lackluster performance at the gym.

And while I am telling the truth, ima go ahead and tell the whole truth. Not only were my workouts going down, so was my whole disposition. I was tired at work today I kinda felt like I would breakdown crying...and for no particular reason. And now that I think about it, I had a moment like that last week. Mannnn! Rest is so important. Lack of sleep and lack of recovery time can jack up your body and your spirits. So please take it from me, workout hard when your there, but take the time to allow your body to heal. And listen to your body. I was not listening to the bright, flashing warning signs that said "sitcho butt down."

I have decided to run 4 days a week, not 6. I will make sure to report back on how I am feeling after a couple of weeks of this new approach. I may not lose a pound a week like I was doing, but I bet I will stay motivated to work harder when I am running. I still plan on working out 6 days a week, but my cardio will be some lower impact cardio like the elliptical or yoga.

Hey, if you are in reading distance of this blog...leave your mark!
LaQuesha

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl!! I agree, rest is super important. I'm also noticing that when I take a few mornings and sleep until 6 instead of 4:30 I feel better and more rested/energized and I can get a good workout in at night. I also notice that if you "trick" your muscles and do different workouts each day, you will lose weight faster. I'm down to a 10 from a 12 and might even be lower than that because I bought a pair of 10's at Ann Taylor loft and they are hangin on me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats chickadee! that is why i do this...we can all use tips and pointers. tomorrow, i am not gonna set my alarm. i am gonna wake up naturally and make sure that i am rested. no running tomorrow, i got a good 30 minutes on the eliptical coming.

    ReplyDelete