Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday

Alrighty, I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I haven't had much new going on. I am staying extra, extra consistent in my workouts,but for a couple of weights I hadn't seen any movement on the scale. Some folks might have gotten frustrated by that. Some folks would have just eaten some ice cream because it doesn't really matter anyways. I choose to re-evaluate things and do some tweeking.

Working out is my offense...my attack on the fat and weight. Eating right and a clean diet is my defense. Now my offense is pretty outstanding. I am in the gym 6 days a week and I definitely push it hard and to my max. Where I needed some improvement was in my defense. I decided to start cutting a few calories here and there. Instead of using one cup of orange juice in my pre-workout smoothie, I started using half a cup of juice and a half a cup of water. I usually eat oatmeal and eggs after my workout. Instead of using milk in my oatmeal, I switched to water. (I still use maple syrup and a half a banana to flavor it.) Then at dinner time I cut down on the carbs. Now I am far from a carbophobe, I love carbs. But I just cut down at night. The result of these few tweeks was 2 pounds lost! YAY!! Last week I was at 154, today I am 152.

I input my calories daily in my bodybugg system. I probably overestimate my intake just to be on the conservative side, but I think I get an average of 2100 calories per day. So I am not starving myself by any means. I just try to keep it as clean as possible and stay aware that food is fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment